It was a long day and I don’t start walking the Camino de Frances until 6am tomorrow morning. One plane, two trains and one bus after setting out, I finally got into Jean Peid de Port around 7.45 pm. At the first check office where you pick up your “Camino” passport and collect your first stamp it wasn’t too busy, they sent 3 of us to a small but cute little hostel just doors away but when we got there the beds had gone. A trek through the small town took us to a cosy B&B.
(Remember the picture I put on the home pagepage of that cutest little bridge over a narrow canalcanal? I actually got to walk over it this evening.)Â
Out to a local bistro for a light meal and in bed by 10pm.Up at 5am tomorrow for what looks like the steepest 26 km I have ever seen and by early afternoon it will be 33 degrees! With only one resting place the whole way it looks daunting indeed.
Anyway, I’ll send an update once safely over the other side.Â
Wish me luck.Â
Best wishes everyone.Â
- The Night Owl - August 6, 2016
- The Long Road Home - August 5, 2016
- Terry and Val - July 27, 2016
- The House of Love That Leo Built - July 26, 2016
- Crocked on the #Camino - July 25, 2016
- Knights Templar - July 23, 2016
- Take Me to the River - July 22, 2016
- Hostel Heaven on the #Camino de Santiago - July 18, 2016
- An Atheist Among the Adoring - July 16, 2016
- Huerfano (Orphan) From The Crossing by #CormacMcCarthy – #TheKidsCamino - July 15, 2016