The Kid’s First Steps
I’m off now to get my flight to the starting point. I won’t actually start my walk until Wednesday morning for the simple reason that, the first part is so tough, that you have to start very early in the morning in able to reach the next checkpoint before nightfall .
As you know, I only have a window of about six weeks without pain so it’s imperative that I make a good start as I will have to take rest days now and then.
I’m seriously excited.
But the main reason for this post is to thank everyone of you who either donated, left wonderful comments or simply short notes of encouragement.
It all helped me get mentally prepared and underlined my convition that the big hearted outnumber the small minded by a considerable measure.
That the world isn’t the mean and dangerous place that people in power and with influence would have us believe. It’s a beautiful place with with great people with wonderful stories to tell.
Once again you have reinforced my belief in the everyday human kindness of people of all colours, cultures and beliefs.
That is the thing I am most grateful for.
Love and respect to every one of you.
- The Night Owl - August 6, 2016
- The Long Road Home - August 5, 2016
- Terry and Val - July 27, 2016
- The House of Love That Leo Built - July 26, 2016
- Crocked on the #Camino - July 25, 2016
- Knights Templar - July 23, 2016
- Take Me to the River - July 22, 2016
- Hostel Heaven on the #Camino de Santiago - July 18, 2016
- An Atheist Among the Adoring - July 16, 2016
- Huerfano (Orphan) From The Crossing by #CormacMcCarthy – #TheKidsCamino - July 15, 2016