The title of this post is also the title of the 2nd song I have started writing on my journey. The first is, for now, called A Fond Farewell to My Wild Years.
The thought occurred to me on the last 8 km of today’s walking. I will leave the videos to tell most of the story but, once you have watched them, remember this. It ended with 14 people under the shade of the same tree. For the 10 km before then I had spent my time in solitude. For this brief time spent in the shadow of a solitary tree, I had felt a genuine sense of belonging.
For now, at least, this is what The Camino means to me. Days of Belonging & Solitude.
I hope all is well with all of you.
- The Night Owl - August 6, 2016
- The Long Road Home - August 5, 2016
- Terry and Val - July 27, 2016
- The House of Love That Leo Built - July 26, 2016
- Crocked on the #Camino - July 25, 2016
- Knights Templar - July 23, 2016
- Take Me to the River - July 22, 2016
- Hostel Heaven on the #Camino de Santiago - July 18, 2016
- An Atheist Among the Adoring - July 16, 2016
- Huerfano (Orphan) From The Crossing by #CormacMcCarthy – #TheKidsCamino - July 15, 2016