There are times in a man’s life where even the reserves are depleted.
From walking 30km per day, you suddenly feel you cannot walk up the stairs to your room. Today was that day.
Apart from overall weariness, there is also the accumulation of injuries and bodily strain.
And so tomorrow I will spend my 3rd day with the family whose house and history I find so enchanting.
They have shown me such kindness and hospitality that I shall be very sad when the road comes calling, as it will.
Until then, I will rest and explore the town of Villafranca which tomorrow celebrates its annual festival.
Here is Mercedes and Leo, who built this house of love more than 80 years ago.
I remain happy and blessed.
- The Night Owl - August 6, 2016
- The Long Road Home - August 5, 2016
- Terry and Val - July 27, 2016
- The House of Love That Leo Built - July 26, 2016
- Crocked on the #Camino - July 25, 2016
- Knights Templar - July 23, 2016
- Take Me to the River - July 22, 2016
- Hostel Heaven on the #Camino de Santiago - July 18, 2016
- An Atheist Among the Adoring - July 16, 2016
- Huerfano (Orphan) From The Crossing by #CormacMcCarthy – #TheKidsCamino - July 15, 2016